- English vocabulary word directory with links to various thematic units of Words for Our Modern Age
- Information about English words derived from Latin and Greek sources and English vocabulary words with etymologies plus explanations.
- Word Power - A free online educational resource for learning English - Wordpower.ws
- Word Power is a free educational resource that has been created for English students of all ages and levels.
- Educational Activities
- WordChamp - Learn language faster!
- Browse through thousands of vocabulary lists created by other users
- More Words - Search Dictionary - Word Games Crosswords and Anagrams
- More Words - Search Dictionary - Word Games Crosswords and Anagrams
- OneLook Dictionary Search
- English spelling should be simplified
- KryssTal : Borrowed Words in English
- An extensive list of words in the English language that have been borrowed (loaned) from other languages.
- Learnenglish Kids home
- Life In The UK Test
- Public Speaking » Self Help Zone
- Self Help blog provides you tips and advice on many self improvement topics like goal setting, motivation, success, time management, leadership and communication skills. It also covers information on mental health, stress management, depression, anxiety and panic.
- UsingEnglish.com - Learning English (ESL) Online
- ESL (English as a Second Language) resources for learning English. Browse our grammar glossary and language reference area, join our busy forums, read our articles and teacher handouts, and find useful links and information on English here.
- Visuwords™ online graphical dictionary and thesaurus
- Look up words in the Visuwords online graphical dictionary and thesaurus to find their meanings and associations with other words and concepts. Produce diagrams reminiscent of a neural net. Learn how words associate.
- English Grammar for ESL Learners
- English grammar lessons for EFL / ESL students.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Select Name Wise Search
• a written examination in the subjects hereinafter mentioned, and
• an interview to test the General Knowledge of the candidate and his fitness for appointment.
B. The examination will be in the following subjects, each subject carrying the number of marks shown against each: -
S.No. Subject Paper Marks
1. Law Paper-I 100
2. Law Paper-II 100
3.Language (I)Paper-I Hindi essay 50
4.Language (II)Paper-II English essay 50
Law Paper-I is designed to test the practical knowledge of the candidates in civil law and procedure e.g. drafting, pleading, framing issues and writing out judgments etc., in Civil Cases.
Law Paper-II is designed to test the practical knowledge of the candidates in criminal law and procedure e.g. framing charges and writing out judgments etc. in Criminal Cases.
Law Paper-I and Law Paper-II shall be answered either in English or in Hindi but no candidate shall be permitted to answer any of these papers partly in Hindi and partly in English.
After the marks obtained by the candidates in the written test have been received, the Commission shall call for interview such of them as have obtained a minimum of 35 percent marks in each of the Law Papers and 40 percent marks in the aggregate. The interview shall carry 35 marks.
Provided that, as far as practicable, the number of candidates: -
• belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes, called for interview in accordance with the order of their merit in the written test, shall not exceed three times the number of vacancies reserved for and to be filled by such candidates; and
• not belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes called for interview in the order as aforesaid shall also not exceed three times the number of vacancies to be filled by such candidates.
In interviewing a candidate, the suitability for employment to the Judicial Service shall be tested with reference to his record at the School, College and University and his character, personality, address and physique. The questions which may be put up to him may be of a general nature and will not necessarily be academic or legal. The candidate will also be put questions to test his general knowledge including knowledge of current affairs and present day problems. The marks so awarded shall be added to the marks obtained in the written test by each candidate.
Update : RJS Written Result
Friday, January 16, 2009
- ...swadeshi movement..-the theme song of...
- alara kalama-teacher of buddha
- gandhi irwin pact-karachi/urdu poet in r t c-iqbal
- duaspa sihaspa-jahangir
- guru nanak
- slaves-firoz shah tuglaq
- sravanabelgola-chandragupat maurya/nepoleon of india-v a smith
- state language sultanate-persian
- ruling dynasties-5
- 3th buddhist assembly-moggaliputta tissa
- kharaj-land tax
- kalinga war-13
- dvija-brahman kshatriya vaishya
- ibn batuta-north africa
- aulia and chirag-chishti saint
- first jain council
- india for indians-dayanand
- home rule-muhammand ali jinnah
- rowlatt act-1919
- sangam-assemblies of tamil scholars
- oldest stupa-piprawah
- swaraj is my birth right-tilak
- first turkish sultan-alauddin khilji
- ajanta panting-buddhism
- i n c calcutta session 1987
- moh ghori-khokkars
- brahmanas inferior-buddha age
- rana sanga-mewar
- anandmath-bankim chandra
- poverty and un british rule-naoroji
- gover of india act 1858
- frontier gandhi-abdul gaffar khan
- gadar party-lala hardayal
- jallianwala bagh-huntar commission
- quit india movement1942-august
- prithviraj raso-chandrabardai
- bhaga-land tax
- 1420-nicolo de conti
- sadar nizamat
- more rajput mansabdars-aurangzeb
- poorna swaraj-lahore1929
- indian mussalmans-ww hunter
- last gg first viceroy-canning
- subhash bose-haripura
- vijayanagar-muhammand bin tuglaq
- dastak-duty free trade
- akbar abolish slavery human right-1582
- iqta-the grant of revenue from...
- every indian corrupt-cornwallis
- todarmal land never left fallow-polaj
- nagarjuna stupa-maurya
- parties and polti in mughal court-satish chandra
- hindu islamic styal
- not navratans-badaoni
- dilwara temple-jain arch
- architect of tajmahal-italy
- wahabi movement-syed ahmad
- akbar abolish jaziya-1564
- bomb throw hardinge-rasbihari bose
- tabqat a nasiri-minhaj us siraj
- akbar biggest gold coin-shamsab
- mauryan jaina-samprati
- albaruni-mahmud ghagnavi
- jaunpur-firoz shah tuglaq
- second capital chandragupta2-ujjain
- the grant diwani in bengal bihar 1765-shah alam2
- vernacular press act-1878
- mauryan age avantipath-western province
- brahmanical reaction....-harprasad shastri
- fort william-calcutta
- indian epigraphy-d c sircar
- first trade center-surat
- colonial economy-nehru
- separate electorate muslims-1908
- a post dated cheque-cripps mission
- inc formed-dufferin
posted on behalf of Mr HS Rathore
- TOEFL iBT 2007-2008
- 202 Useful Exercises for IELTS
- Deltas Key - TOEFL Next Generation (iBT)
- Cracking the toefl listening Cracking the TOEFL Au...
- The Official Guide to the New TOEFL IBT
- Oxford Dictionary of English 2006
- IELTS Mental Preparation
- IELTS: 10 Mistakes You Must Avoid
- Effective IELTS Preparation Online? What Should Yo...
- Video lectures for GMAT and GRE
1.Who among following identified democracy with corruption , machine politics and gangsterism ?
2.who among th e following gave the concept of mass mind ?
3. the main feature of deliberative democracy ?
4. which of one of the following is not state?
5. which one of the following is not civil right?
6. who called mahatma gandhi ‘half naked fakir?
7 which one of the following is not featute of act of 1935?
8. who among the following is an acclaimed analyst of political parties?
9. who…………the oath of office to pt jawaher lal Nehru as 1st prime minister of India?
10. was not featute of 1947 act there were two deputy prime minister during the prime ministership of?
11.who among the following has been chief minister for the longest time period ?
12. which prime minister had fallen in lock sabha during debate for want of just one vote?
13. who was the 1st foriegen minister of India?
14. is not the objective of w.t.o.?
15. who among the following was elected as president of the un general assembly in 1953 ?
16. a command given by a superior to an inferior?
17.equality is unnatural and undesirable?
18.according to Herbert morrison bureaucracy is the price of
from Nikky email@example.com
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Publication Division of India comes out with INDIA 2009 in English and BHARAT 2009 in Hindi, a book which has lots of information for common man in general and for civil services aspirant in particular.
You can download it from publication Division website, here are the links for that :
Enjoy Reading !
Thursday, January 8, 2009
राजस्थान लोकसेवा आयोग आरएएस मुख्य परीक्षा 2007 का परिणाम फरवरी में घोषित कर देगा। आयोग के अध्यक्ष सीआर चौधरी के मुताबिक परिणाम की तैयारियां अंतिम चरण में हैं। आयोग प्रयास कर रहा है कि फरवरी के प्रथम सप्ताह में परिणाम घोषित कर दिया जाए।
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Some questions are doubtful and I am clarifying with resources I have with me and if you have any doubts or correction in any of these, you are most welcome to comment and your comments will be credited and appreciated.
- The numbers are according to 'C' series
- Questions in violet colour are doubtful
- Answers are in red colour
- Function of colonization in Rajasthan : to allot land *(see comment)
- Ashtadhyayi : Panini
- Million plus cities in India ( Census 2001 ) : 39
- Art style with Indian and Greek feature : Gandhar
- Jal durga : Gagron
- Inscription which throw light on the writings of Maharana Kumbha :
Rajprashahsti 1676see comments
- Mahajanapada situated on the bank of river Godavari : Assaka
- Most stable ecosystem : Marine
- Macroeconomic developments under various programmes launched by state government in Rajasthan :
Sujas/Economic Review *see comments
- First women ' Four Star General' Anne Dun Woody
- Coral Reefs :
east and west coastsee comments
- Raika's in Rajasthan : traditional camel breeder
- Who represented Congress in second round Table Conference : Mahatma Gandhi
- Common among Brahma samaj, Ram Krishna Mission and Arya Samaj : none of these three had a political mission but they helped to develop a spirit of patriotism
- Monsoon rainfall in Rajasthan increases :
South west to North EastNE to SW(*see comments : I agree with the reason)
- Not a seven sisters of North East states : West Bengal
- Rajasthan born industrialist contributed a sum of Rs 22,000 in 1920 to C V Raman's path breaking research which won him the Nobel prize : GD Birla (* see comments , thanks Harman)
- National Water Development Agency : 1980(1982)
- Kandhmal : Orissa
- Port Pardeep : Orissa
- Organisation to advise the government on reforms in economic matters : Economic Policy and reforms Council
- Nathra ki Pal area of Rajasthan Iron ore
- Per capita income of Rajasthan during 2007-08 :
20,000 (19,920)22,000 see comments
- Vamsa Bhaskar : Surajmal Misran
- Mammoth is the ancestor of Elephant
- Marwari forces sent to Khanwa to support Sanga against Babur see comments
- Flood in Kawas in Barmer : 2006
- 'The Manchester of Rajasthan' : Bhilwara
- First session of Rajputana Madhyabharat Sabha in 1919 : Delhi (in fact it was in 1918)
- RIDCOR : Road Infrastructure Development Company of Rajasthan
- Mahakma Baqoit to pay king's dues(*see comments, thanks Harman)
- Metallic cups reached room temperature
Cup in Churu*(See comments)
- Sea water converted into pure water : Reverse Osmosis
- Booker's Prize 2008 : Arvind Adiga
- Khariya, Raswani, Shobhala and Udisbhar are
- Bani Thani painting : Kishangarh school
- Shahpura (Bhilwara) Headquarter Ramsnehi
- President of South Africa after Thabo Mbeki : Kglema Motlanthe
- Person enters dark room from strong light area :
Rhodospinchange in the size of pupil *(see comment)
- United Nations General Assembly President : Miguel d'escoto
- National Institute of Design for Geographical Indicator status : Jaipur for Blue pottery and Udaipur for clay work
- Tick mark correct : Cimmco wagon factory restarted in Bharatpur after eight years
- Duty of union government to protect states against external aggression and internal disturbance : 355
- Finger lake region located in : USA
- Bio-magnification : increasing the amount of pesticides in the organisms of successive trophic level
- Pearl is constituted of calcium carbonate
- Mangla-Bhagyam, Shakti and Aishwarya are oil fields in barmer sanchore basin
- Handloom mark shows the standard of handloom clothes ??
- Not correct : Bureau of industrial Promotion is an agency for promotion of small scale industry projects
- Chairman of ISRO : G Madhavan Nair
- Least population density in Rajasthan : Jaisalmer
- Desert Development Programme : 1977-78
- Governor of West Bengal : Gopal Gandhi
- Hot Spot of biodiversity : eastern himalyas and western ghat
- Maitri Express train : Kolkata and Dhaka
- Alum cleans the muddy water by coagulation
- Acid formed during change of milk into curd lactic acid
- Heavy rainfall in pushkar, where does the flood occurs
- Archaeopteryx is connecting link between reptiles and aves
- Atlas mountain Africa
- Adamya chetna trust, havells india ltd, HZLtd and DSCL Kota related Mid day meal programme
- Symbol of World Wild life fund is Red Panda
- India signed nuclear cooperation in Sep 2008 with France
- Suncity of rajasthan Jodhpur
- Azolla anabaena biofertilizer rice
- Diagnosis the death by drowning : Diatoms
Ginder utsavcement factory * see comments
- Andhayug dharma veer bharati
- NREGA incorrect : its only for SC and ST below poverty line
- Lasodiya movement for social reforms in Bhils of Mewar, Bagar and nearby regions
Moti lal TejawatMavji*(see comment)
- Author of nyaya darshan : gautam
- Churu Bikaner siganganagar : Gypsum
- Dispute of Subhash bose : double membership of CSP members*(see comments)
- Chandrayan I was launched from Andhra Pradesh
- First DNA bank of India : Lucknow
- False statement : blue waves scattered more than violet waves
- Pheromones are founded in insects
- Highest forest area Baran Udaipur Chittor
- Electoral college for US Presidential Election : None of them
- Match list mewat : eight blocks of alwar, border area thirteen blocks…..
- The audacity of hope : Barack Obama
- Height of guru sikhar peak in rajasthan 1722
- Psyllium Husk(planto ovate) 'Isabgol' : Jalore
- Manomohan singh RS member from Assam
- Matching pair : Masuria sari : Kota
- Dhawadia were the persons : engaged in looting of caravans
- Incorrect about inflation : for some commodities retail prices also considered
- World's youngest king : Bhutan
- Khas : sawaimadhopur, bharatpur, tonk
- Golden rice : Vitamin A
- Minamata disease : mercury
- Flame of the forest in Rajasthan : Palas
- Muslim league formed government after 1946 elections
NW Frontiersee comments
- Bull seal of Indus valley Mohenjodaro
- Bharat Ratna : Pandit Bhimsen Joshi
- Baxa Tiger Project : West Bengal ( in fact it is Buxa)
- Dyarchy at the centre : Government of India Act, 1935
- Jnan Pith on 06th November 2008 : Rehman Rahi
- Salt is added : Boiling point is increased and freezing point is decreased
Children's Reading Classic Fantasy/Sci-Fiction Detective Romance Erotica/Sex History and Military
Economics and Finances Business & Investing
Consumer Electronics Comics Computer Related Economics/Business Fashion & Lifestyle For Men For Women Graphics and Design Hobbies & Leisure time Military Music Newspapers Science Related Technics and Technology
IT Certification Mathematics Physics
We have no responsibilities of the external links posted here.