Monday, January 12, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Publication Division of India comes out with INDIA 2009 in English and BHARAT 2009 in Hindi, a book which has lots of information for common man in general and for civil services aspirant in particular.
You can download it from publication Division website, here are the links for that :
Enjoy Reading !
Thursday, January 8, 2009
राजस्थान लोकसेवा आयोग आरएएस मुख्य परीक्षा 2007 का परिणाम फरवरी में घोषित कर देगा। आयोग के अध्यक्ष सीआर चौधरी के मुताबिक परिणाम की तैयारियां अंतिम चरण में हैं। आयोग प्रयास कर रहा है कि फरवरी के प्रथम सप्ताह में परिणाम घोषित कर दिया जाए।
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Some questions are doubtful and I am clarifying with resources I have with me and if you have any doubts or correction in any of these, you are most welcome to comment and your comments will be credited and appreciated.
- The numbers are according to 'C' series
- Questions in violet colour are doubtful
- Answers are in red colour
- Function of colonization in Rajasthan : to allot land *(see comment)
- Ashtadhyayi : Panini
- Million plus cities in India ( Census 2001 ) : 39
- Art style with Indian and Greek feature : Gandhar
- Jal durga : Gagron
- Inscription which throw light on the writings of Maharana Kumbha :
Rajprashahsti 1676see comments
- Mahajanapada situated on the bank of river Godavari : Assaka
- Most stable ecosystem : Marine
- Macroeconomic developments under various programmes launched by state government in Rajasthan :
Sujas/Economic Review *see comments
- First women ' Four Star General' Anne Dun Woody
- Coral Reefs :
east and west coastsee comments
- Raika's in Rajasthan : traditional camel breeder
- Who represented Congress in second round Table Conference : Mahatma Gandhi
- Common among Brahma samaj, Ram Krishna Mission and Arya Samaj : none of these three had a political mission but they helped to develop a spirit of patriotism
- Monsoon rainfall in Rajasthan increases :
South west to North EastNE to SW(*see comments : I agree with the reason)
- Not a seven sisters of North East states : West Bengal
- Rajasthan born industrialist contributed a sum of Rs 22,000 in 1920 to C V Raman's path breaking research which won him the Nobel prize : GD Birla (* see comments , thanks Harman)
- National Water Development Agency : 1980(1982)
- Kandhmal : Orissa
- Port Pardeep : Orissa
- Organisation to advise the government on reforms in economic matters : Economic Policy and reforms Council
- Nathra ki Pal area of Rajasthan Iron ore
- Per capita income of Rajasthan during 2007-08 :
20,000 (19,920)22,000 see comments
- Vamsa Bhaskar : Surajmal Misran
- Mammoth is the ancestor of Elephant
- Marwari forces sent to Khanwa to support Sanga against Babur see comments
- Flood in Kawas in Barmer : 2006
- 'The Manchester of Rajasthan' : Bhilwara
- First session of Rajputana Madhyabharat Sabha in 1919 : Delhi (in fact it was in 1918)
- RIDCOR : Road Infrastructure Development Company of Rajasthan
- Mahakma Baqoit to pay king's dues(*see comments, thanks Harman)
- Metallic cups reached room temperature
Cup in Churu*(See comments)
- Sea water converted into pure water : Reverse Osmosis
- Booker's Prize 2008 : Arvind Adiga
- Khariya, Raswani, Shobhala and Udisbhar are
- Bani Thani painting : Kishangarh school
- Shahpura (Bhilwara) Headquarter Ramsnehi
- President of South Africa after Thabo Mbeki : Kglema Motlanthe
- Person enters dark room from strong light area :
Rhodospinchange in the size of pupil *(see comment)
- United Nations General Assembly President : Miguel d'escoto
- National Institute of Design for Geographical Indicator status : Jaipur for Blue pottery and Udaipur for clay work
- Tick mark correct : Cimmco wagon factory restarted in Bharatpur after eight years
- Duty of union government to protect states against external aggression and internal disturbance : 355
- Finger lake region located in : USA
- Bio-magnification : increasing the amount of pesticides in the organisms of successive trophic level
- Pearl is constituted of calcium carbonate
- Mangla-Bhagyam, Shakti and Aishwarya are oil fields in barmer sanchore basin
- Handloom mark shows the standard of handloom clothes ??
- Not correct : Bureau of industrial Promotion is an agency for promotion of small scale industry projects
- Chairman of ISRO : G Madhavan Nair
- Least population density in Rajasthan : Jaisalmer
- Desert Development Programme : 1977-78
- Governor of West Bengal : Gopal Gandhi
- Hot Spot of biodiversity : eastern himalyas and western ghat
- Maitri Express train : Kolkata and Dhaka
- Alum cleans the muddy water by coagulation
- Acid formed during change of milk into curd lactic acid
- Heavy rainfall in pushkar, where does the flood occurs
- Archaeopteryx is connecting link between reptiles and aves
- Atlas mountain Africa
- Adamya chetna trust, havells india ltd, HZLtd and DSCL Kota related Mid day meal programme
- Symbol of World Wild life fund is Red Panda
- India signed nuclear cooperation in Sep 2008 with France
- Suncity of rajasthan Jodhpur
- Azolla anabaena biofertilizer rice
- Diagnosis the death by drowning : Diatoms
Ginder utsavcement factory * see comments
- Andhayug dharma veer bharati
- NREGA incorrect : its only for SC and ST below poverty line
- Lasodiya movement for social reforms in Bhils of Mewar, Bagar and nearby regions
Moti lal TejawatMavji*(see comment)
- Author of nyaya darshan : gautam
- Churu Bikaner siganganagar : Gypsum
- Dispute of Subhash bose : double membership of CSP members*(see comments)
- Chandrayan I was launched from Andhra Pradesh
- First DNA bank of India : Lucknow
- False statement : blue waves scattered more than violet waves
- Pheromones are founded in insects
- Highest forest area Baran Udaipur Chittor
- Electoral college for US Presidential Election : None of them
- Match list mewat : eight blocks of alwar, border area thirteen blocks…..
- The audacity of hope : Barack Obama
- Height of guru sikhar peak in rajasthan 1722
- Psyllium Husk(planto ovate) 'Isabgol' : Jalore
- Manomohan singh RS member from Assam
- Matching pair : Masuria sari : Kota
- Dhawadia were the persons : engaged in looting of caravans
- Incorrect about inflation : for some commodities retail prices also considered
- World's youngest king : Bhutan
- Khas : sawaimadhopur, bharatpur, tonk
- Golden rice : Vitamin A
- Minamata disease : mercury
- Flame of the forest in Rajasthan : Palas
- Muslim league formed government after 1946 elections
NW Frontiersee comments
- Bull seal of Indus valley Mohenjodaro
- Bharat Ratna : Pandit Bhimsen Joshi
- Baxa Tiger Project : West Bengal ( in fact it is Buxa)
- Dyarchy at the centre : Government of India Act, 1935
- Jnan Pith on 06th November 2008 : Rehman Rahi
- Salt is added : Boiling point is increased and freezing point is decreased
Children's Reading Classic Fantasy/Sci-Fiction Detective Romance Erotica/Sex History and Military
Economics and Finances Business & Investing
Consumer Electronics Comics Computer Related Economics/Business Fashion & Lifestyle For Men For Women Graphics and Design Hobbies & Leisure time Military Music Newspapers Science Related Technics and Technology
IT Certification Mathematics Physics
We have no responsibilities of the external links posted here.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
CUT-OFF MARKS FOR RAS (MAINS) EXAM, 2003
|CAT Cand Passed CUT-OFF|
|MALE||FEM.||CAT WISE DETAILS OF PASSED CANDIDATES|
|GEN||763||731||731||WE 204||NGE 22||DC 1||BL 1||HI 1||LD 3|
|SC||243||643||621||WE 59||NGE 0||DC 0||BL 0||HI 0||LD 2|
|ST||171||663||623||WE 35||NGE 0||DC 1||BL 1||HI 0||LD 0|
|OBC||311||689||660||WE 79||NGE 7||DC 0||BL 0||HI 0||LD 1|
RAS 2007 Prel Cut off of Previous Years
Modified RAS 2007 Prel. Cut off
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
(source : Bank of Baroda Website )
Please refer to our notification dated 18.11.2008 advising the Roll Numbers of candidates who are provisionally qualified for interview on the basis of their performance in the written test held on 5.10.2008 at various Centres.
Candidates are advised to click the link below & enter their Roll Number to view the details of Date, Time & Venue of interview.
Schedule of Interviews for Probationary Officers –Project 2008.
Call Letters have been already despatched to individual candidates advising about the Date, Time and Venue of Interview.
All candidates who are called for Interview are requested to report at the respective venues on the date and time specified alongwith the following documents in original and one set of Xerox copy of the same duly attested:
1. Date of birth certificate as entered in SSLC / Matric Certificate.
2. Certificates pertaining to qualifications from SSLC / Matric onwards (including degree/post graduation qualifications), alongwith mark-sheets for each year / semester.
3. Experience certificates (if any).
4. Computer Literacy Certificates.
5. No Objection Certificate from the employer in case candidate is currently serving in Government / Public Sector Undertaking (including Banks).
6. Caste certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the format as prescribed by Government of India, in case the candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC category. Candidates belonging to OBC category should submit the latest OBC certificate specifically mentioning the 'Creamy Layer" clause. OBC certificate should not be more than one year old as on the date of application.
7. Medical certificate from the Medical Board at the District Level in case the candidate belongs to the PWD Category.
8. Discharge certificate issued by concerned Defence Authorities in case the candidate is an Ex-Serviceman.
Candidates are also requested to bring the call-letter in original alongwith recent passport size photograph (which should tally with the one affixed already on original application) and duly pasted at the place provided in the Call-letter.
Please ensure that the candidate fulfills all the eligibility criteria as on 01.08.2008 as stipulated in the advertisement. If the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria, his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
Outstation candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category only will be reimbursed to and fro ordinary Sleeper Class Railway / Bus fare by the shortest route on production of tickets / particulars as required by the Bank.
No request for change of date / venue of Interview will be entertained.
Kindly note that merely calling for an Interview does not constitute an offer of employment.
The decision of the Bank in all matters as regards interview, selection and placement would be final and binding on the candidates.
(HR & Marketing)