PAPER II. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE OF RAJASTHAN,RAJASTHANI SOCIETY, ART & CULTURE
1. Geography and Natural Resources -
(a) Broad Physical Features : Topography, Climate, Vegetation and Soil Regions, Rivers, Mountains, Lakes, Natural divisions, Geographical regions.
(b) Natural Resources : Mines and Minerals, Forest, Land and Water, Wild life and Conservation, Environmental Ecology.
(c) Livestock and Fisheries, Breed, Population, Regional Distribution, Cattle Fairs.
(d) Human Resources, Population problem, Unemployment, Poverty, Drought and Famines.
(e) Energy Problems and Conventional and Non-conventional sources of energy.
2. Agriculture & Industry - Food and Commercial Crops, Agriculture based Industries. Major and Minor Irrigation & River Valley Projects. Projects for the development of the desert and waste land, Indira Gandhi Canal Project. Growth and location of Industries, Industrial raw materials. Mineral Based Industries, Large, Small and Cottage Industries, Rajasthani Handicrafts.
3. Economic Development and Planning - Various Economic Plans. Programmes and Institutions for development, Co-operative movement, Small Enterprises and Financial Institutions, Various indicators of Economic development.
4. History, Polity, Art & Culture - History & Culture of Rajasthan with special reference to :
1. The mediaeval background.
2. Socio-economic life and organizations.
3. Freedom Movement and Political awakening.
4. Political Integration.
5. Music, dance & theatre.
6. Religious beliefs, cults, saints, poets and warrior saints 'Lok Devta', 'Lok Deviyan'.
8. Fairs and Festivals, Customs, Dresses & Ornaments. With special reference to fold and tribal aspects thereof.
5. Literature - Rajasthani Language, Dialects and their regions, History of language and literature, famous writers, poets and their works with special reference to folk-lore.
- Rochak Rajasthan by Dr Chaudhary
- Geography of Rajasthan by Bhalla
- Economy of Rajasthan by Laxminarayan Nathuramka (latest edition)
- History of Rajasthan by JS Gahlot
- Rajasthan ki Sanskrtik Paramparayen by Jaysingh Niraj
- books by Partiyogita Darpan
- books by Upkar
- books by Lakshya : Lakshya series
- books by Navrang Rai's Shekhawati Publication
- Rajasthan Aaj Tak by Pushpa Sharma